Aerospace & Electronics
Crane’s Aerospace & Electronics segment is a trusted industry leader providing reliable, high-precision technologies that drive innovative solutions for our customers in the commercial aerospace, military aerospace, defense, and space markets. Crane A&E delivers proven systems, reliable components, and flexible solutions that excel in tough environments — from engines and landing gear to satellites, missiles and electronic countermeasure devices.
We invented many of the fundamental technologies that are now the industry standard in the areas where we compete, with a track record for performance, reliability and innovation. Crane A&E also combines its vast industry experience with investment in R&D to drive breakthrough innovation and transformative solutions fully aligned with our customers’ future needs. From more-electric and hybrid military ground vehicles to all-electric propulsion aircraft, UAVs, advanced radar and guidance systems and new satellite networks, Crane A&E is primed to supply innovative solutions for our commercial aviation, space and defense customers. These new capabilities and innovations include:
- Electrification solutions to meet the growing demand for more-electric, hybrid-electric, and all-electric aircraft and vehicles requiring higher power and more efficient conversion needs.
- Zero emissions solutions including support for sustainable fuel-based programs and innovations for hydrogen fuel systems.
- Next-generation space solutions including higher efficiency and more capable microwave technology and advanced power conversion components to enable vital missions and satellite constellations.
- Sensing & advanced connectivity solutions combining industry-leading proximity and pressure sensing with our expertise in modular design, rugged packaging and wireless connectivity.
- Enhanced safety & security solutions including innovating braking systems and increasingly sophisticated runway condition monitoring.